Resume Management for Principals and Project Managers

Subject: Resume Management for Principals and Project Managers
From: "Paula Puffer" <pap -at- binkleybarfield -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:17:59 -0600

After the Hiring a Pubs manager question I asked, I’m almost hesitant to
ask another question. However here I go.

I work at a multi-discipline engineering firm where the engineers can do
many different kinds of projects and are involved with these projects at
several different levels. Here’s an example of what I am talking about.

John Q. Public, P.E. is on three different projects. On the first
project
He's the designing engineer for a traffic signalization project. On
Project 2, Mr. Public is the Project Manager for a detention basin. On
project 3, Mr. Public is the Principal in charge of a grade separation.

The marketing manager and I have been talking about our options for
generating resumes on the fly. For proposals, we need to target the
resumes for either the person's title on the project, or the type work
the project involved. Right now the resumes are generated by hand and we
take the blurbs from previous proposals (something the marketing manager
and I both want to get away from) and edit.

We've talked about building a database for doing this.

Do any of you have other suggestions for managing this process?

Paula Puffer
Binkley & Barfield, Inc.
(713) 869-3433
pap -at- binkleybarfield -dot- com