Re: 600 page manual

Subject: Re: 600 page manual
From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- rumble -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:12:37 +0000

On Mon 11 Feb, Donna L. Quesinberry made the following spurious claims:

> The master document function
> works very well. It will separate the chapters with
> one keystroke, maintains the formatting of the master
> document, allows for combining sections, quarters,
> halfs, whatever-and does so with ease. You can set
> global parameters and follow those throughout your
> chapters-there is no problem with Word on this.

Works very well?!?!? At corrupting your document, yes. For its
intended purpose, yes until it destroys all your work. If it hasn't
done it for you yet, you've been very lucky.

DO NOT USE WORD MASTER DOCUMENTS!

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WhyMasterDocsCorrupt.htm
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RecoverMasterDocs.htm

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- rumble -dot- net>
www.rumble.net

Warning - Contains nuts!

- On a packet of peanuts