Re: Can I take the "Pleases" off a web site?

Subject: Re: Can I take the "Pleases" off a web site?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:27:21 -0700

Yank those "pleases" off the site - manners are for the weak!

No, seriously, you should go ahead and remove most or even all of them.

Maybe leave it in instances where you think it adds a pleasant vibe, as in
the example you described, but people come to the Web looking for
information, not to be stroked with tons of excess pleasantries.

As a disciple of the Steve Krug school of Web design, I went "straight to
the source" - the Amazon site, which he touts as a prime model of
usability, has NO instances of the word "please" on their link-intensive
home page.

Works for me.

- Keith Cronin

Unless you're in prison, never fight naked.