Free hit counter?

Subject: Free hit counter?
From: Norm Haskett <norm -dot- haskett -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:31:06 -0700

I'm new at web site development so I'm trying my hands on developing one for myself to gain experience and confidence. (I'm putting samples of my writing out on it, as well as my resume.) I would like to add a visitor hit counter. Are there several free ones out there that I could "try on for size"?

Norm