Siebel Sales Help

Subject: Siebel Sales Help
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:51:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi, guys...

This message is crossposted to techwr-l and HATT.

Disclaimer: In all probability, this won't make much sense to anyone
not familiar with Siebel Sales V6.+.

Today, I made a proposal to my management to update the "out of the
box" Siebel Sales help with help topics specific to our needs. We
have done a great deal of work in developing several very complex
SmartScripts and have defined a number of new Views. We are relying
on the users to access a web site to reference Word or PDF documents
for instructions and they are starting to complain that it is
difficultto find the right documentation. Also, as you know,
documenmtation on the web is useless when the users are running
"local".

I've identified the master help and the 3 external help modules that
make up Siebel Help. I am suggesting that we add a 4th external help
for the scripts and link from the master help to external topics in
the SmartScript help module.

My questions...has anyone done anything like this in Siebel and if
you have, what were the gotcha's and do you have any hints to pass
on.

Thanks

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer