Re: Online vs. Print - formatting of heads and text

Subject: Re: Online vs. Print - formatting of heads and text
From: "Ivan Weiss" <ivan -dot- weiss -at- centurytel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:42:39 -0800

""Miller, Robert C. - Iowa City"" <MillRo -at- ncs -dot- com> wrote in message
news:<28336AC23B25D411BEA300105AC7F5441006A5CA -at- icexch2 -dot- ic -dot- ncs -dot- com>...
> Can anyone point me to a source for information about current,
> accepted formatting - san serif heads with serif text, font size for
> heading 1, 2, etc. versus size of body text, use of ital and bold for
> different head levels. Thanks.

There's a study online from the Software Usability Research Lab at
Wichita State University at:

And there's a whole list of links to dicussions of proper font use,
about halfway down the page, on the Web page of STC's Usability SIG, at:

Hope this helps.
Ivan Weiss
Vashon WA