RE: I can't imagine where this portrayal came from...

Subject: RE: I can't imagine where this portrayal came from...
From: "Earl Cooley" <shiva -at- io -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:29:27 -0600

Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes wrote:
> Is Tina treated with disdain by the other comic characters (did
> I really just say that - referring to a comic character receiving
> disdain from other fictional non-existent people - someone call
> me an analyst....;-) and does that actually reflect truthfully,
> if slightly bitterly, on our own position within those companies
> dominated by engineers and PHBs? Sadly yes.

OK, you're an analyst. Note, however, that this is an additional
duty and not a promotion, so don't expect any sort of pay or
benefit increase, except for the privelege of your new title as
"Technical Writer/Analyst". You may now cut in line in the cafeteria
in front of the mere Technical Writers and just behind the real
Analysts. Have a nice day, worker. heh.

(The above is an exercise in management self-training, worth
1.5 Continuing Education Egoboo Points.)

--
e=sc^3 (shiva -at- io -dot- com) Earl Cooley III