Re: Wording inquiry

Subject: Re: Wording inquiry
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:18:23 -0700

"Characteristic" seems fine, and is a perfectly acceptable and
commonly-used word in English.

Also, a characteristic is not the same as an option. In English, an option
is a choice, an alternative.

"Trait" is similar to characteristic, but I like characteristic better.

How about "attribute"?

You're right, the sentence itself could be rewritten, although the amount
of info you need to convey within it will prevent any rewrite from being
terribly poetic, I fear. Sometimes facts just ain't pretty! :)

Good luck!

- Keith Cronin

A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next
week.
-George S. Patton