Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:55:47 +0000

""Jane Carnall"" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com> wrote in message news:004501c1b4b2$3e989550$15c8ff0a -at- digitalbridges -dot- sys -dot- -dot- -dot-

I have never shown an example document at an interview and *not* been asked
"How much of this is yours?" I don't know if British interviewing styles are
different from US, but it's a question I would ask and would expect to be
asked. I don't write in a vacuum.

Along the way, I have been asked questions about pieces in my portfolio that were geared to assessing how much of a piece was mine, and how much was someone else's.

And I suppose being honest about how much of a piece was someone else's contribution can be a plus.

We live in a world where being able to work as part of a team is a definite reality. And being able to acknowledge when another person made a contribution is a way of showing we can work as part of a team.

As a final thought, after reading some of the posts in this thread, I hope writers will forgive me if I start taking any claims of sole authorship with a grain of salt.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer and SAS Programmer