Re: White Papers

Subject: Re: White Papers
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:35:30 -0700

In my experience, white papers span the gap between marketing documents
and actual documentation.

They are often used as sales or marketing documents, but contain a high
level of detail and are often aimed at a more technical audience than a
basic prodict brochure.

They have a more techie look and feel than straight Marcom. In some
instances they can be so technical that a nondisclosure agreement needs to
be signed before sharing the document.

White papers differ from documentation in that instead of being just a
manual for how to USE something, they tell you how something WORKS, and in
many cases, WHY that is a good thing.

- Keith Cronin

Tech writing: Dragging starving writers up into the middle classes and

See and check it out.