RE: What is our art?

Subject: RE: What is our art?
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:43:46 -0500

I explain my job as a technical writer by saying that I get to be Arthur
Conan Doyle for a living. I spend half my time as Sherlock Holmes - chasing
down clues, ferreting out information, trying to piece the various puzzle
shapes together into a cogent whole. Then I get to spend the other half of
my time as Dr. Watson - writing it all up for the edification of others.

My 2¢,