What is our art?

Subject: What is our art?
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 01:21:59 -0600

Hello Everyone...

This has been a fascinating thread. Attempts to answer the rhetorical
question, "What is our art," have rendered transparent, processes that are
usually not...Thank you all for the view!

The 'art' is the passion and the sacrifice. The 'craft' is the skillful
choice and use of word and tool. The 'practice' blends these with talent
and intuition and, through the synthesis that experience produces, births
the 'profession.'

Through all the slogging, and obstreperousness, and just plain
ignorance--would you be doing anything else, really?

Hugs and Immense Respect,

Melody
"Take the Shoes Off Your Mind!"(c)