Re: Style guides

Subject: Re: Style guides
From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- rumble -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:05:22 +0000

On Wed 13 Feb, Edwin Skau bloviated thus:

> The Microsoft Manual of Style works for Windows-based applications. Is there
> a similar style guide for Unix-based applications?

If the designers of X-windows built cars, there would
be no fewer than five steering wheels hidden about the
cockpit, none of which followed the same prinicples --
but you'd be able to shift gears with your car stereo.
Useful feature, that.

-- From the programming notebooks of a heretic, 1990.

Of course Microsoft completely ignore their style guide for their own
applications. Freedom to innovate.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- rumble -dot- net>
www.rumble.net

Remember, objects in the mirror are actually behind you

- On a helmet mounted mirror used by US cyclists