RE: converting data to information

Subject: RE: converting data to information
From: "Foster, Willow" <WFoster -at- friedmancorp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:15:07 -0600

~> Getting data into information is like stopping before the
~> finish line. Data needs to be turned into knowledge to be
~> of any use.

I disagree. All I can do is provide information that is correct, accessible,
and readable. I cannot make my readers understand. I can help, not make.
Readers are not just passive lumps. They must participate in this
experience. They must apply the information I provide to their situation. If
they successfully do that, they have acquired knowledge. I'm just here to
make it easier for them.

See and check it out.