RE: Documenting visible/invisible fields?

Subject: RE: Documenting visible/invisible fields?
From: "Lin Sims" <linda -dot- sims -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:43:20 -0500

Assuming you have enough room on the page, why not set up
something similar to the feature comparison tables you see on
software boxes? You know, list the features in the left column, have
the next column be a description, then have the next n columns be
headed with the deal name and put a check in the intersecting cell for
each field that appears in that deal. Or have one column headed
something like "appears in . . . ." with the cell entries being Deal A,
Deal B, etc.

As for sorting . . . hmmmmm. My initial preference would be to sort it
by deal and then feature, especially if you go with the option of a single
column saying "appears in . . ."

On 20 Feb 2002 at 15:47, Hart, Rowena wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear in my first message.
> This is just a reference manual -- there
> are no procedures, just table after table
> of field descriptions and technical
> background info.
>
> I guess I'm trying to get suggestions
> about the best way to present the fields
> to users, based on the user's own experience
> with the fields.
Lin Sims

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.