Re: Guidelines for using "e" in front of terms?

Subject: Re: Guidelines for using "e" in front of terms?
From: "Kevin Christy" <kevinchristy -at- socal -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:32:35 -0800

If we can willy-nilly graft words together for company names (MetLife), use
semi-phonetic spelling (Qwest), truncate (the Net), and truncate *and* graft
(internet), then we can certainly hyphenate away "electronic" wherever the
word "electronic" can legitimately be used (such as in e-mail and
e-commerce). It's the frivolous appendages (like "e-magination",
"e-valuation", etc.) that serve as annoying and painful reminders of the
excesses of the dot-bomb culture.

That aside, use the hyphen.