correction: that was a governor, not a king (was deer in headlights/corporate anorexia)

Subject: correction: that was a governor, not a king (was deer in headlights/corporate anorexia)
From: "Thomas Eagles" <tekwriter -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:39:20 -0500

Memory fades (it's been a while since I read the Bible), but I believe
it was Pontius Pilate (actually a governor, not a king; mea culpa) who
symbolically washed his hands while Jesus was persecuted by his fellow
Jews and the Romans. The governor wanted no part in prosecuting, but
recognized the unusual circumstances, as distasteful as they were to
him, and declined to do the brave thing: not let an innocent man be
crucified. Though it could be argued that he tried to leave loopholes
for Jesus to jump through, Jesus declined to do so (of course).

Now, back to work with me. :-)

/ _\ tekwriter -at- sympatico -dot- ca |
\/\_______ http://www.tekwriter.com |
/ _ * / 905.509.1838 (main) |
__ ___ /----\ / 905.626.8466 (mobile) V
|****** / |/ >>Corporate & Technical |