RE: Tight economy/fewer positions

Subject: RE: Tight economy/fewer positions
From: Ellen Vanrenen <ellen -dot- vanrenen -at- clear-technology -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:20:22 -0700

Doug,

The first part of the ad reads like this:

Creates technical documentation for new and existing products, including
(but not limited to) technical user manuals, installation and operation
guides, online help, and marketing materials. Produces clear, concise, and
technically correct documentation in the AE corporate template and according
to corporate content and quality requirements.

I guess I meant what Salette picked up on - that they are looking for a
relatively inexperienced technical writer to do a wide variety of tasks and
have hardware documentation experience, FrameMaker template knowledge,
experience with single-sourcing and usability, experience with ISO...

In a tight economy, a company demand anything they can get and pay very
little for it, though, as mentioned, the ad does not include a pay rate, but
the two years experience surely indicates the range.

I should have mentioned this: the ad only the sixth ad posted since January
16, and I though, though I didn't say, what if I lost my job?

I'm afraid, Douglas. So many people on this list seem to know so much more
than I do, and, if they are having difficulty finding work, what would
happen to me if I lost my position?