Re: Deer in the Headlights - a Solution

Subject: Re: Deer in the Headlights - a Solution
From: "Erb, Isis" <isis -dot- erb -at- ipc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:08:51 -0500

<snip>
Set up your work space so that you're in a corner with your monitor
facing the door. Then noone can get behind you.
<snip>

That is a worthy suggestion if you can do it - but many of us in cube-land
are prevented from doing so by the physics involved. However, for cube
dwellers there is a solution of sorts (if your company will allow it). In
one company I got a spring-loaded window curtain-rod and made a fabric
'door' for my space - when the curtain was drawn I was unavailable, when it
was open I was available.

For those that want to be creative - try using a shower curtain, attach a
shower head to the inside cube wall so that it can be seen from the
outside, place a bathmat in front of the entrance and hang a robe nearby (or
towel)...you can do all sorts of fun things with cubes if management has a
sense of humor. Though that does seem to be something of an oxymoron,
doesn't it?

Just some Friday thoughts...

Isis Erb
Technical Writer
IPC Information Systems, Inc.

WE ARE IPC
an independent company and the leading provider of sophisticated desktop
trading systems to the global financial community.