Re: RoboHelp Question... Answered!

Subject: Re: RoboHelp Question... Answered!
From: Joanne Grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:08:16 -0800

Nostradamus predicted that I would write:

>> I'm creating a compiled HTML help (.chm) in RoboHTML 2002 on a
>> Windows 2000 machine. I have an image that uses n image map for
>> popups. It works great, except that the popup's image map border
>> appears on the graphic once the popup is active. It doesn't appear
>> in the preview window.

And Char James-Tanny responded almost immediately:

> Unless I'm misunderstanding, this is a "feature" of Internet Explorer. (It allows folks using screen
> readers to "see" the hotspots.) I know how to disable it in straight HTML and perhaps this will work
> in the RHH Editor (I haven't ever tried it).
>
> Add the following to the area tag in the imagemap:
> onFocus="if(this.blur)this.blur()"

It worked like a champ! Thanks - this list is great.

-joanne

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on Nor all your
piety nor wit, Shall lure it back to cancel half a line. -The
Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam