Re: Custom Page Borders in Word

Subject: Re: Custom Page Borders in Word
From: Frances Wirth <wirth -at- peoplepc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:33:17 -0500

Sean Hower asks:

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use custom graphics as page borders in Word 97. Put another way, can I create my own page borders and use them in Word? If that's possible, how do you do it?

Here's how I've done it:
1. View > Headers and Footers
2. Place cursor in the Header paragraph, and draw a Text Box to hold the border graphic.
3. Place cursor in the Text Box paragraph.
Insert > Picture > From File...
Select your border graphic.
4. Size the Text Box and graphic as desired.
5. Because the graphic/Text Box is attached to the Header, it automatically appears on each new page in that section.

You can have the same border graphic appear throughout the whole document. Or, by deselecting the "Same As Previous" button in the Header and Footer toolbar, you can use the border for just a specific section, or have different borders for different sections.

Hope this helps.

Frances Wirth
whiz-ID Instructional Design
wirth -at- peoplepc -dot- com