RE: Tired of giving out technical advice for free

Subject: RE: Tired of giving out technical advice for free
From: "Damien Braniff" <DBraniff -at- amphion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:01:27 -0000

We all, hopefully, like to help people but there is a fine line between
helping and being taken advantage of and where we draw that line varies
from person to person. Generally I'd draw the line based on the amount
of work involved. If I'm not busy and it's a quick answer they'll
probably get it. If I'm snowed under or it involved a bit of work I
might point them to resource available so they can do the work
themselves or quote my hourly rate for the work.

Damien Braniff
Technical Writer
Amphion Semiconductor Ltd.
50/51 Malone Road