Re: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!

Subject: Re: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!
From: Kelley <kwalker2 -at- gte -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:26:17 -0500

At 11:58 PM 2/24/02 -0500, Bonnie Granat wrote:

> As I said, I completely understand. I'm not a rah rah siss boom bah person
> who wears rose-colored glasses when it comes to the economy and jobs. I
> lived in a community where there really weren't any jobs.

That may well be the case here -- and that's what I'm trying to determine.

Btw, Wyeth Labs is really desperate for a writer...

I think that asking peers about the job market is like asking other people about their sex lives.

The responses are often extreme. Some try to "help" by projecting (and demanding of you) the image of surefooted success. Others want to help by commiserating. Others try to avoid the trap of the first two, and give advice instead. That advice can sound callous and most people want to respond with, "look, buddy, how would YOU know what's it's like out here. YOU have a job or YOU aren't in my shoes?!"

Kelley