RE: He said...She said...He said...etc. (Was Re: What's A TW Got To DO-- To Get A Job Around Here?!)

Subject: RE: He said...She said...He said...etc. (Was Re: What's A TW Got To DO-- To Get A Job Around Here?!)
From: David_Slonosky -at- i2 -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:00:03 -0500

I have hand crafted two carefully constructed syllogisms. Please feel free
to use either one at job interviews. For any other questions, my hourly
rates are low yet not so low you think I'm no good as a consultant.

A syllogism for proving everyone is a writer:

All experts know everything there is to know about their particular
area of expertise, and all humans have at least one area of expertise.
Writers create new material only by knowing their subject matter
thoroughly.
All humans are writers.

A syllogism for proving no one is a writer:

All writers can only write based on what they know.
No humans share the exact same knowledge, nor at any given time
is any one human's knowledge constant.
No one can write about what they know, or about what anyone else knows.

David