Re: Subject: Re: Tech Writing & The Economy

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Tech Writing & The Economy
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:42:57 -0600

Ruth Lundquist wrote:

----->Snip

"If any technical writers are displaced by the movement of jobs to India,
they will find access to new jobs in the biotech sector, in this instance.
Who knows what new markets will develop tomorrow to respond to the crisises
you describe? This all causes market expansion."

Snip---->

This is precisely why I am studying all I can about bioelectromagnetics. I
will not be able to go back to college to finish my physics degree, as
family responsibilties (a 'sandwich generation' situation which many of you
will face, if you haven't already) will keep me at home for several more
years. I plan to use this time to become a "Paper SME" (ouch!) in my chosen
field, and will be building an informal network of professionals and fellow
students of whom I can ask questions and with whom I can exchange ideas.

In the meantime, as I've mentioned before, I'm selling ad specialties and
doing some ad copywriting and freelance editing (No, Andrew, I'm NOT a
TW...YET!) on the side.

Many thanks to all of you for your responses--and not just to MY e-mail!
Although I have no trouble keeping my mind active (I live with a philosopher
who loves to 'discuss' things!), the variety of opinion on this list keeps
me on my toes!

Melody
"Take the Shoes Off Your Mind!"(c)