RE: Word: Nasty little surprise

Subject: RE: Word: Nasty little surprise
From: "John Locke" <mail -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:52:26 -0800

Steve Hudson wrote:

>Now, select that space at the end of the paragraph all by its
>lonesome. Make sure the entire space character is selected
>and highlighted.
>
>Now press backspace 1 million times. Amazing huh! No change
>
>Now press delete once. What the heck? It DIDN'T delete it,
>but it did unselect it.

Now here's a twist...

For me, both the Delete key and the Backspace key does exactly the same
thing--deselects the space, leaving the cursor between the last
character of the word and ... The still-present space.

And, since I love to tinker, if you put TWO spaces at the end of a
paragraph, and select both spaces, then pressing either the Delete key
or the Backspace key deletes ONE space, and leaves the cursor between
the last character of the word and the single remaining space.

Office XP on Windows XP. (guess that's one of the bug fixes?)