Re: Rotating tables in Word

Subject: Re: Rotating tables in Word
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggie -dot- secara -at- indymacbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:11:45 -0800

Ah. Good point. I suppose the thing to do, then, is set up the columns and
rows in such a way that they come out right when you rotate them. After
all, you already know that's what you're going to be doing. It requires a
little advance planning, is all.

Of course, if the table already exists, cut and paste, it is!

Maggie

"CHRISTINE ANAMEIER" <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov> wrote in message
news:142774 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

Maggie asked:
> Why are you pasting anything into the table? Just create a
> table, with its text, then rotate the text in every cell.

Pasting the cell contents isn't very efficient, but I think it's necessary
in
this case. If you take an existing table and just change the orientation of
each
cell's content, the cells wind up in the wrong order when you rotate the
page to
read the table.

An example (I hope these tabs work...): this table...

BREED PERSONALITY COAT
Persian Cuddly Long-haired
Siamese Vocal Short-haired
Devon Rex Playful None to speak of

would wind up reading:

Devon Rex Siamese Persian BREED
Playful Vocal Cuddly PERSONALITY

and so on... Unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion.

Maybe some Word super-guru will know a much better way to do this...
(anybody??)
Christine