RE: Nasty little surprise

Subject: RE: Nasty little surprise
From: Ed Manley <EManley -at- Solutionsplus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:05:06 -0600

I have experienced this several times, in random places and uses of various
versions of Word. At first wrote it off to document corruption, until over
time it happened in numerous docs and circumstances. It can be really
frustrating. I have a suspicion that the issue is an invisible embedded
artifact in the space BEFORE (or maybe the line before) the cursor location
that won't die.

It gives me trouble fairly frequently when importing docs into Rational's
Requisite app.

I haven't really paid attention to the occurrence since I learned that all I
have to do is left-arrow one time to get in front of the artifact in order
to delete it - but I would like to know what's up.

I will wait 'till tomorrow to see if anyone else responds with more
behavioral info on this, then submit it to MS for explanation/resolution.

Have fun,
Ed