RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!

Subject: RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!
From: "Wilcox, Rose (ZB5646)" <Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:31:17 -0700

<<

Rose Wilcox [mailto:Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com] said: "I am slowly
learning more about project management; however, they are very clear here
they want me to basically remain as a technical writer. Doing tech writing
here has ranged from silly little easy projects to complex technical
monstrous documents, from editing and/or merely
proofing, to collating survey results, to writing new documents and help
systems from scratch."
_______________
Rose:

Whatever you learn about project management will come in handy when you get
your next "comples technical monstrous document" project.
Everything you learn comes in handy sooner or later.

Thanks Margaret,
Actually I have used project management in technical writing projects
before, having been a lead on some of my contracts. I even used MS Project
for one of them, but that was in '95 and Project has changed tremendously.
In addition, I think managing tech writing projects varies a bit from other
projects. One thing I noticed is that my plans were constrained by
dependencies on others' plans much more than the other way around.
I do agree that almost everything one learns comes in handy eventually,
although learning Pinnacle West's proprietary process may not help me on my
next complex monster of a doc.

Rosie