Re: Are You A Writer?

Subject: Re: Are You A Writer?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 06:46:16 -0800 (PST)

--- surfer924 -at- ameritech -dot- net wrote:
> Technically, based on the duties I currently perform, I am a
> clerk/typist.
> However, since a clerk/typist job paying $50,000. a year is
> extremely rare, I call myself a technical writer.

To your associates, doesn't that define to them that what a technical
writer does is clerk/typist functions?

That's like me saying that because I might earn almost $150k as a
technical writer this year, which is rare, I think I'll call myself a physician.

John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15

Do You Yahoo!?

Office or RoboHelp Enterprise. Hurry, this offer expires February 28, 2002.

See and check it out.