RE: Video to CD - follow-up

Subject: RE: Video to CD - follow-up
From: "Mike" <mdonschi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:53:10 -0800

<<Your "low-end" configuration should be more than adequate for the task.
(The one
weak spot might be the 4MB of video RAM, which seems low. Anyone know if
this is
an issue for video or not? You wouldn't wanna play Quake on it, but I'm not
sure
about video.)>>

Video RAM is not the bottleneck. Video performance is mainly dependant on
the bus type (ISA, PCI, AGP, etc.) and bus speed. Another factor is your
motherboard type and its chipset. Having less RAM just means the swapping of
data is done more often, among other things. However, if you have an
up-to-date motherboard, a mediocre AGP card, and a fast CPU (500+ Mhz), your
video experience will be completely acceptable.

-Mike
computer geek alert
If anyone would like more techno-babble about computers and how they work,
please feel free to ask me questions. I can go into as much or as little
detail as you like.