Re: FrameViewer vs. Acrobat

Subject: Re: FrameViewer vs. Acrobat
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 14:30:35 -0800 (PST)

FrameViewer is good only for reading FrameMaker files and if FM is
updated, maybe you need to upgrade FMViewer?

Acrobat is no tonly good for what you want it for, but much more, and
if Frame gets updated, doesn't matter.

My preference? Go Acrobat.

--- leftymagoo -at- attbi -dot- com wrote:
> Our department is considering buying bulk licenses
> (about 25) for either the full version of Acrobat or
> FrameViewer. Currently, the writers create the documents
> in FrameMaker and then give them to several remote
> developers as PDFs. We'd like to give the developers an
> easy way to provide feedback. The developers should be
> able to add notes, but not make major revisions to the
> documents.
>
> Both FrameViewer and the full version of Acrobat enable
> users to add notes to a document. We're leaning toward
> purchasing FrameViewer licenses for the department,
> since FrameViewer is much less expensive (about $50 per
> license, as opposed to about $170). I heard a rumor that
> Adobe might discontinue FrameViewer, although I'm not
> sure how much that should affect our decision.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc