RE: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: RE: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:14:47 -0700

"Is it possible that the strain on the list is a reflection of what's
happened to our industry over the last couple of years?"

I am not so sure that anyone can blame the economy. My staff have been
lurkers and active participants for years. They say that the list has
gotten chattier and chattier with less useful information. My top two
writers don't even subscribe anymore (because I do and they don't want to
"waste any more time"). I began on the list when the economy was in full
swing. The list had its share of flames and oddball threads then and now.

Has it gotten worse? maybe.

Can it be fixed? only by the will of the participants. Like all volunteer
groups. We are what we are. If we change, our list changes.

This list is a great resource. Everyone has a delete key and can limit
their reading and responses, if they want to. That is the thing about lists.
Eric moderates this list with a very light touch. This provides the maximum
discussion. This is good. Thanks, Eric.

Walden Miller