Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:52:54 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Janice Gelb" <janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
> >5. It has become obvious to me that despite the list rule about negative
and
> >personal postings, that rule is generally not enforced. I can't think of
> >anywhere to assign responsibility for that except at the door of the list
> >manager

I host a list that is not moderated. In five or six years, I ahve
unsubscribed two people because they actually seemed irrational to myself
and several others on the list.

My experience is that people end up functioning like a social group. Most of
the time they are pretty nice to each other.

On moderated groups, people expect the moderator to be a saftey stop, and
they are nastier to each other.

My thought is that we are here to communicate ideas, and the feelings are
along for the ride. It is so easy to misinterpret intentions, feelings, and
attitudes in email, that I do my best not to worry about these things at
all. Always answer people as if they have good intentions for you. And don't
let them know where your goat is tied.

I think most people, myself among them, take their troubles with them
wherever they go. You also take your happiness with you. Make a choice.

And if yoiu leave "so long, and thanks for all the fish."

Brad Jensen

www.ehelp.com/techwr