Re: Technical subjects: What do you want to know more about?

Subject: Re: Technical subjects: What do you want to know more about?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 15:02:58 -0800

Wilcox, Rose (ZB5646) wrote:

Hey, there has been a lot of discussion about writers learning more about
technical subjects. For me, that tends to cluster around IT. I am reviving
my website about Technical Subjects for Non-Techies and wondered if y'all
would be willing to give me some topic suggestions.

How about:

- Linux
- computer security
- networking

Even though I'm mostly interested in the first topic, I think the last two are especially important. Writers who get some expertise in these subjects are vastly more employable than those who don't.

Of course, you never know what you'll be learning. I'm spending this week learning about hygrothermographs and data loggers. A month ago, I couldn't have told you what a hygrothermograph was.

www.ehelp.com/techwr