Re: How Much Editing of Graphics Do You Do?

Subject: Re: How Much Editing of Graphics Do You Do?
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:35:33 -0600

>Without mentioning my own attitudes for now, I was wondering: how much
>do other people on the list edit graphics?

> Do you crop them? Clean up
>moires? Remove writing in the background that's incomplete? Touch up
>photos? Adjust contrast and brightness? Change their sizes to emphasize
>their importance or improve page breaks? Is editing of graphics part of
>your production routine

Yes. The purpose of the graphics is to serve, support and clarify the text.
It's inconceivable to me that I *shouldn't* do whatever is necessary to
make sure that happens.

(Now a graphic artist would probably reverse what I just said, saying the
purpose of the text is to serve, support and clarify the graphics. You
*did* ask a writer, you realize?)

Have fun,
DNRC 224