RE: ISO follies redux

Subject: RE: ISO follies redux
From: "Margaret Secara" <margaret -dot- secara -at- alphather -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:21:38 -0800

>>> "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au> 03/08/02 12:11AM >>>

Finally (what you originally asked for and no-one has provided yet), a
reasonable argument against full justification goes like this:

No novels use it.
No technical manuals use it.
No magazines use it.
Very few newspapers use it anymore.

Actually, novels use full justification all the time. At least all the ones in my house do. Many magazines do too. (I'm looking at a copy of *Pharmaceutical Technology* at the moment. I don't like it in technical manuals, although I'm stuck with it for SOPs around here.

Just clarifying the argument.

Maggie Secara

See and check it out.