RE: Reference books you use the most

Subject: RE: Reference books you use the most
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:27:14 -0500

1. I use the Web for reference these days more than most printed sources,
but here are some of both:

Web:
Google
dictionary.com
Various assorted general information sources

Print:
MS MoS
Compact OED
Tufte's books on information presentation

2. Online help for web-based application, written in Dreamweaver

3. I currently live with two dogs, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and a Doberman
mixed breed. Previously I had an American Short Hair (mixed breed) cat for
21 years, and a picked-up stray Maine Coon cat that my ex- still has. (They
deserve each other.) I guess I go both ways, but prefer the companionship of
dogs. To err is human, to forgive, canine.

4. On the liquid refreshment issue, I drink brandy and soda in the winter,
and Myers and tonic with lime in the summer. No diet drinks for me please,
except for some strange reason I still like an occasional Fresca. I like
Peet's Major Dickason's Blend coffee, but at work I drink Twining's English
Breakfast tea 'cause the coffee's so bad.