RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel

Subject: RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:56:24 -0500

Bryan,
There's another similar procedure that's been 100% successful so far. The Medical College of NJ is doing it--they go in and stretch the tendon instead of cutting it--the way shoe trees stretch new shoes. In everyone they've done it on so far, there have been no recurrences. I figure if it ever gets really bad, I will talk the orthopod into this procedure or nothing.

At 02:17 PM 3/12/02 -0600, bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com wrote:

Years ago, I heard that some docs were doing field tests of a balloon plasty procedure similar to an angioplasty but with the carpal tunnel instead of arteries to increase the size of the nerve passage instead of cutting the tendons like the usual operation. If you really think you need surgery, you might want to check out the results of those tests.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."
(Romans 12:18)

www.ehelp.com/techwr