RE: Web Works Publisher or Robo Help?

Subject: RE: Web Works Publisher or Robo Help?
From: Bill Burns <bill_burns -at- lionbridge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:52:39 -0500

Hi, Bill.

> I'm researching out the benefits of using Web Works Publisher or Robo Help
> with FrameMaker 6.0 and MS Word. We're looking to move both FrameMaker
> books, MS Word manuals, documents, etc... to a better, more searchable and
> cross browser on-line environment. I know I have preference already. I
> would like to get some feedback from others as to their recommendations
> about using one or the other.

You might want to look at both WebWorks Publisher and WordHelp-a new product
by Quadralay that works with Word. RoboHelp will import Frame MIF files, but
it doesn't reformat them, so you'd be stuck doing a lot of manual work to
get your content into shape once you've exported from Frame. With WWP, the
MIFs are generated automatically, the coding is controlled in the conversion
macros, and you can configure the project files to match whatever look you
want in your WinHelp or HTML-based help.

If you plan to do a one-time conversion to this new format, WWP probably
wouldn't be a good investment (unless you had thousands of docs that used
the excact same template).

Bill Burns
Technical Communications Manager
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
12585 W. Explorer Dr., Suite 150
Boise, ID 83713
Phone: 208.321.4406
FAX: 208.321.4490
E-mail: bill_burns -at- lionbridge -dot- com

www.ehelp.com/techwr