Concurrent Versions System and Best Practices

Subject: Concurrent Versions System and Best Practices
From: Ganesh Kabadi <ganesh_kabadi -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:55:57 -0800 (PST)

Hey Gurus,
I've been a lurker for two months since I joined. Techwr-l makes for
very interesting reading for me and I must say Eric does a wonderful
job on the list.
I'm a Junior Technical Writer working onsite, and (is a comma before
an 'and' correct usage?) I noticed, a Senior Engineer who just joined
here likes to advise me on my job :) I use Microsoft Word and he
mentioned CVS and Best Practices to me today. I don't know if there
have been threads on these earlier. I checked and didn't find much.
Can you guys advise me on these? Some interesting links will help
too. Is using CVS a standard practice in the US? What is Best
Practices and where should I look for material for educating myself
on them. Your inputs are solicited.
Thanks for any advice

=====
Ganesh Kabadi
Technical Writer
Commit, Mumbai
Mobile - +91-22-9821142551
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx

http://sports.yahoo.com/

www.ehelp.com/techwr