Dilbert Alert

Subject: Dilbert Alert
From: "Tom Johnson" <johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:02:17 -0500

Dick wisely said:

> Children! Please!

But Dick, I can hardly wait to see Dilbert in the next couple
of days. <Scott Adams, are you tuned in?> Tina uses a naughty
word in a stockholders' meeting and technical writers are
blamed for the company's demise. Meanwhile Dilbert calls it a
marketing strategy and invents a box that turns naughty words
into a million bucks.

Seriously, we all need to be considerate of the audience. I
think a good rule of thumb would be that if a word is not
appropriate to be printed in a manual, then it shouldn't be
used in this forum.

I'm surprised at all the yucky stuff that Eric has to deal
with. My patience would have worn thin long ago and I
would've pulled the plug on the list.

Happy birthday to the list! Let's try to have fun and be sociable.

Tom Johnson
231-264-5661 voice
231-264-5663 fax

Work johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com