Re: is it really that uncommon?

Subject: Re: is it really that uncommon?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:06:55 -0800 (PST)

Bonnie...I wasn't expecting her to get booted. That was not in my
mind when I sent my message. I only thought it extremely bad form for
her to do what she did (I've always seen text in the >> portion of a
message as sacred...cut out and replace with ..., anything, but don't
change the words, or spelling, or grammer), and for reasons that
we've beat to a pulp, using the word was bad form in any form.

You know I've said things with which people took offense, and I'm the
first to appologize for it. It happened today. That's all I was
expecting.

I did not bait her or Eric...I assume both of them smart enough to
not fall for it even if I tried. At the same time, I have no problem
with how it ended up.

> I think it is profoundly unfair to Kelley -- particularly in a
> situation
> like this -- to not give her the benefit of the doubt. I would
> just as soon
> believe you responded to her post in order to get her in trouble as
> I would believe she tried to hide what she initially wrote.

It wan't a matter of hiding anything...it was misrepresentation.
Change the *** back to something that wasn't in my email, but leave
the header that it was my quote.

Look, I have work to do, as you do. This was a bad situation that
could have been cut short with an "I'm sorry" post...there really
isn't anything more I can contribute...some would say I did enough
already.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15