Re: The Role of Tools in Getting Work (was: Green TW searching for software advice)

Subject: Re: The Role of Tools in Getting Work (was: Green TW searching for software advice)
From: Jeff Hanvey <techwriter -at- jewahe -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:45:49 -0800 (PST)

--- Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com> wrote:

>In our previous episode at 07:44 AM 3/15/02, Jeff Hanvey wrote:
>> I can't
>>understand why experience project managers don't understand why it's
>>impossible to transfer knowledge from, say, Word to WordPerfect or
>>PageMaker to Quark Xpress. Or HTML to HTML Help.
>
>Is there a missing "not" here?

Well, I get an F for the day...that sentence is written badly (For the record, I'll offer and excuse: I changed directions and didn't reread to ensure that it went in the correct direction). It should be "I can't understand why experienceD project managers don't understand that it's possible to transfer knowledge..."

I'm trying saying that, for some reason, project managers think such transference is not possible. That is, that knowledge of Word can't be transferred to other word processing programs - or even extended to Excel, PowerPoint - or any other program in the universe.

My point is that once you're comfortable with the PC - and, more importantly, the windows (or Mac) environment - you can transfer knowledge quite easily and quickly. You may not be at an expert level, but the knowledge will be practical, and the higher-level functions will come easily when needed.

Jeff Hanvey: http://www.jewahe.net

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like you -at- yourbiz -dot- com from Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net?tag

www.ehelp.com/techwr