Re: Techwr-l : The Movie <OT - humor>

Subject: Re: Techwr-l : The Movie <OT - humor>
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:13:30 -0800 (PST)

--- kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:
> Okay, it's clear that many of you are concerned that Andy Richter's show
> will not accurately depict Tech Writing The Way It Really Is.
>
> So, whaddya gonna do about it? I, for one, will not stand idly by.
>
> I propose we make our OWN movie, showing the uninitiated how truly
> scintillating the world of tech writing is. It'll be huge. Trust me.
>
> What are some good titles/storylines?
> Who should play YOU in the movie?
> And, if you dare, who should play some of the key players: Mr. Plato,
> Eric, etc.? (be nice!)

TITLES:
What's My Line?
Who's Line Is It?
The Life And Times of a Lowly Scrivener
Fear And Loathing in the High Tech World
Look Who's Writing

WHO SHOULD PLAY ME:
No lack of ego here. I should appear as myself, of course: The Curly Surmudgeon
But if you need more box office clout, I suggest Anthony Hopkins

WHO SHOULD PLAY STARRING ROLES:
Deb Ray - Mother Theresa
Eric Ray - Pope John Paul II
Andrew Plato - Johnny Depp or George Carlin
Arlen P. Walker - Karl Malden, Karl Malden
Keith Cronin - Howard Stern
Geoff Hart - John Houseman
John Posada - Marlon Brando
Jane Carnall - Meryl Streep
Maggie Segura - Carrie Fisher

The rest of the list could be played by the Munchkins.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html
Page Last Updated 03/14/02
"Technical Writers: Writers who get paid a living wage."

http://sports.yahoo.com/

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr