RE: Layout for hard-copy documents

Subject: RE: Layout for hard-copy documents
From: jrondeau <jrondeau -at- OREGON -dot- UOREGON -dot- EDU>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:37:59 -0800

I suspect that other suggestions have been more concise and user-friendly than
mine, but I have relied heavily on a massive and detailed tome loaned to me by
an informally trained designer friend when I first tacked print layout, and I
love it. It's Bivins and Ryan, How to Produce Creative Publications (1991).
They also designed the book, so just looking at it, literally, might help you.
If you're good at/comfortable with using the TOC and the index a lot, you can
find what you need pretty efficiently without having to do all the stuff it
throws at you first.

Good luck, and HTH --
Jennifer

>===== Original Message From Victoria Whitehorne <vwhitehorne -at- cgn -dot- net> =====
>Can anyone recommend a good website or reference book on designing good
>looking hard copy documents. I focus more on online help delivery but I am
>currently working on a hard copy user's guide. I am not satisfied with the
>layout of the pages.
>
>Thanks in advance for any input.
>
>Vicki

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr