RE: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?

Subject: RE: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?
From: Diane Evans <Diane -dot- Evans -at- marconi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:09:56 -0800

If your readers are extremely computer knowledgeable, this might not scare
them. I, on the other hand, would be terrified if I thought the hard disk
was going to break into two pieces.

This process is formally called "partitioning" the hard disk drive. It is
commonly used to create two or more virtual drives from one large drive. I
hate it when my extremely computer knowledgeable sons do this without
telling me first....

Diane Evans
Technical Writer
Marconi Wireless

PC Magazine gives RoboHelp Office 2002 five stars - a perfect score!
"The ultimate developer's tool for designing help systems. A product
no professional help designer should be without." Check out RoboHelp at
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: Techwr-l : The Movie <OT - humor>
Next by Author: RE: stock options
Previous by Thread: Re: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?
Next by Thread: Re: Jargon: Splitting hard disks?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads