Re: Advice needed, RE: voice recognition software

Subject: Re: Advice needed, RE: voice recognition software
From: "William H Turner" <turnerw -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:34:17 -0800

Marguerite,
For what it's worth, I recall a discussion in this forum a couple years ago
on the subject of voice recognition products. It included some good
anecdotes and links to reviews. However, as John Gilger posted, the field
evolves quickly and you're going to find more timely stuff through a search
engine.

Now that I'm at IBM, I guess I should promote ViaVoice, and, although I
don't know of anyone here using it, my experience here so far can allow me
to say that IBM is serious about "accessibility", meaning supporting
alternative modes of computer access, including voice I/O.

--Will Turner
IBM Information Development Dept. G26A
turnerw -at- us -dot- ibm -dot- com
Building 51/2B47