Re: he/she redux

Subject: Re: he/she redux
From: Brad Jensen <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:35:31 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>

> The question on the floor was how to refer to the baby. "Baby this" and
"Baby that" and
> "Baby the other thing" gets tedious and does not aid readability.

There is a lady in Australia who wrote a very good treatise ont his and dang
if I can remember her name...

But the conclusion I remember is that instead of saying he or she, use the
title (the programmer)
or in your case the babay, the infant, the extremely small child, the very
new person, etc.

And of course, as a vendor, I have an idea that uses my own product. I'm
sorry, it's like a disease.

On the basis of your later reply, where you mention images etc, I'd say a
simple audiographic elearning
course would be a perfect fit for this. Of course you will still have to
have handouts, but on the handout you could
put - An online verison of this handout, with additional features, exists at
xxxxxx.com

"How To Care For Your Newborn".

Text, plus pictures, plus audio. The parents can refer to it over an over.
They can also take the test,
pass it, print a vertificate of completion, and hang it on the wall to keep
the mother in law and other
meddlers at bay.

I took a baby CPR course because I was about to be a grandparent. That was a
year ago.
I don't remember any of it, except airway, breathing, compression. I would
have been happy
to review it several times after he was born.

Brad Jensen
www.eufrates.com
elearning doesn't have to be hard or expensive

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign!
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/