Example of a comprehensive sign-off sheet

Subject: Example of a comprehensive sign-off sheet
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:19:27 +0200

> * Do not spend time commenting on spelling
> and grammatical errors. A technical writer
> will edit the document for these issues.

I don't understand how a writing department
can on the one hand find correct spelling and
grammar too difficult to implement at the draft
stage, while on the other hand scorning the idea
that anyone else's help might be useful in ridding
the document of mistakes.

What I can understand is the reluctance to get
into futile subjective discussions about style
with people unequipped to discuss those subjects.
But I think that a milder caution might do...
something like the "we appreciate your suggestion
even if we don't follow it" line.

In my opinion, though, ideally we would all do
what Geoff suggests and perfect the spelling and
grammar before we distribute the draft. It's a
sign of respect both for our fellow workers and
for ourselves.

Mark L. Levinson
Herzlia, Israel
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr

Check out the TECHWR-L Site redesign! http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/